Nexo AlphaE-M Mid/Hi Module, The AlphaE-M is a high power Mid/Hi module using an exponential horn loaded 10” MF driver and a constant directivity horn loaded 2” HF driver giving 75° x 30° dispersion. Operable 2-way passive for cost-effective system designs or 2-way active for ultimate performance and control, the AlphaE-M has a frequency response of 220Hz-19kHz. Together with a B1-18 Bass, the AlphaE-M delivers outstanding performance as a compact, arrayable medium scale system or a flexible near or side-fill supplement to the Alpha System.
The AlphaE Series is an extension of NEXO’s acclaimed Alpha System; modular, compact, high power loudspeakers tailored for a wide range of touring and installed sound reinforcement applications, from clubs and theatres to large scale live events.
Like all NEXO products, AlphaE Series components are designed to work with advanced electronic processors, guaranteeing consistent performance and reliability of the highest standard.
- High power Mid/Hi module (140dB peak SPL @ 1m) with horn loaded 10” MF and 3” HF components.
- Medium Q, 75° x 30° dispersion, frequency response 220Hz-19kHz.
- Configurable for passive or active 2-way operation with NX242
- Digital TDcontroller ensures reliable, linear operation.
- Baltic birch cabinet and high performance honeycomb composite construction.
- Available in dark grey carpet covering or textured black paint.
- Optional integrated flying system hardware for Crossbow flying system (see below left) or standard aircraft fittings.
- Ergonomically designed for flying or ground stacking, easy touring handling and truck packs.
- MF: 1x 10” (25 cm) 8Ω 3” voice coil driver + Dual Ring Phase Plug, Composite Horns
- F: 1x 3” titanium diaphragm ceramic driver + Coaxial Mount Waveguide
- Height x Width x Depth 400 x 689 x 754mm (15 3/4” x 27 1/8” x 29 11/16”)
- Shape 22.5° trapezoid
- Weight 45kg (99.2lbs)
- 2x NL8MP 8-pole SPEAKON (In & Loop Thru)
- Passive: 1+ & 1- (VLF), 2+ & 2- (LF), 3+ & 3- (MF/HF), 4+ & 4- (NC) Active: 1+ & 1-
- (VLF), 2+ & 2- (LF), 3+ &‑3- (MF), 4+ & 4- (HF)
- 1x NL4MP 4-pole SPEAKON (to B1-18 & S2) ÔWiring: 1+ & 1- (VLF), 2+ & 2- (LF)
- Construction The self supporting MF/HF module is built from high performance honeycomb composites. Baltic Birch Ply finished with dark grey carpet. Textured, polyurethane black paint coating also available.
System Specifications AlphaE-M with NX242 Digital TDcontroller
- Frequency Response 220Hz – 19kHz ±3dB
- Usable Range @-6dB 180Hz – 20kHz ± 6dB
- Sensitivity 1W @ 1m 107dB SPL Nominal
- Nominal Peak SPL @ 1m 140dB Peak
- Nominal Impedance 8Ω (7.5 min)
- Recommended Amplifiers Passive: 700 to 1000Watts; Active: 500 to 700Watts MF, 200 to 300Watts HF into 8Ω
- Electronic Controller The AlphaE-M Mid/Hi must be used with a NEXO NX242 Digital TDcontroller.
- Use without a properly connected Controller will result in poor sound quality and may damage the components.
- Sub-Bass The AlphaE-M Mid/Hi and B1-18 Bass can be used with or without the optional Alpha
- S2 Sub-Bass. Active three or four-way operation with the S2 is included in the NX242.