Nexo Alpha E B1-18 Bass, The AlphaE B1-18 is an advanced high power Bass module that can be stacked or flown together in arrays with Alpha M3, M8 and S2 and AlphaE- M cabinets. The AlphaE B1-18 uses one NEXO specified high power 18” LF driver on an innovative internal flare component manufactured of rigid honeycomb composites. This high efficiency design delivers extremely low distortion, coherent bass output from 40Hz to 230Hz.
The AlphaE B1-18 is fully capable of operating without the S2 Sub-Bass in applications where extreme LF performance is not required.
The AlphaE Series is an extension of NEXO’s acclaimed Alpha System; modular, compact, high power loudspeakers tailored for a wide range of touring and installed sound reinforcement applications, from clubs and theatres to large scale live events. Like all NEXO products, AlphaE Series components are designed to work with advanced electronic processors, guaranteeing consistent performance and reliability of the highest standard.
- High power Bass module (140dB peak SPL @ 1m) using a composite curve flared horn loaded 1 x 18” 6Ω LF driver.
- High efficiency, lightweight design, usable frequency response 40Hz – 230Hz.
- Active operation with NX242 Digital TDcontroller ensures reliable, linear operation.
- High performance honeycomb composite curve construction,
- Baltic birch cabinet
- Available in dark grey carpet covering or textured black paint.
- Optional integrated flying system hardware for Crossbow flying system (see below left) or standard aircraft fittings.
- Ergonomically designed for flying or ground stacking, easy touring handling and truck packs.
- Components 1x 18” (46cm) 6Ω long excursion driver. Folded horn, composite curve
- Height x Width x Depth 800 x 689 x 754mm (31 1/2” x 27 1/8” x 29 11/16”)
- Shape 22.5° trapezoid
- Weight Net: 70kg(155lbs) With wheel board: 79kg (175lbs)
- Connectors 2x NL4MP 4-pole SPEAKON (In & Loop Thru) Wiring: 1+ & 1- (VLF), 2+ & 2- (LF)
- Construction The self supporting MF/HF module is built from high performance honeycomb composites. Baltic Birch Ply finished with dark grey carpet.
- Textured, polyurethane black paint coating also available.
- Fittings: Handles 2 Metal Bar Handles
- Front finish Acoustic foam on perforated steel grille (77% transparent)
- Flying Points & Crossbow Flying System cabinet hardware; 4 Flying Tracks on front (7 positions in 2.5° steps), top to bottom steel back plate, 4 Flying Tracks on back (Hinge Fixing),
- Internal top to bottom & left to right steel links.
- Fixed Installation Crossbow flying tracks can also receive standard aircraft fittings.
System Specifications AlphaE B1-18 with NX242 Digital TDcontroller
- Frequency Response [a] 40Hz – 230Hz ±3dB
- Usable Range @-6dB [a] 38Hz – 600Hz
- Sensitivity 1W @ 1m [b] 107dB SPL Nominal
- Nominal Peak SPL @ 1m [b] 142dB Peak
- Nominal Impedance 6Ω (4.7 min)
- Recommended Amplifiers 900 to 1400Watts into 6Ω
- Electronic Controller The AlphaE B1-18 must be used with a NEXO NX242 Digital TDcontroller.
- Use without a properly connected Controller will result in poor sound quality and may damage the components.
- Sub-Bass The AlphaE B1-18 Bass can be used with or without the optional Alpha S2 Sub-Bass.
- Active four-way operation with the S2 is included in the NX242.