Nexo Alpha B1-15 Bass Module, The Alpha B1-15 is an advanced high power Bass module that can be stacked or flown together in arrays with Alpha M3, M8 and S2 cabinets. The B1-15 uses one NEXO specified high power 15” LF driver on an innovative internal flare component manufactured of rigid honeycomb composites. This high efficiency design delivers extremely low distortion, coherent bass output from 42Hz to 190Hz. The B1-15 is fully capable of operating without the S2 sub-bass in applications where extreme LF performance is not required.
The Alpha System is a range of advanced technology modular, compact, high power loudspeaker modules tailored for a wide range of touring and installed sound reinforcement applications, from clubs and theatres to large scale live events.
Like all NEXO products, Alpha System components are designed to work with advanced electronic processors, guaranteeing consistent performance and reliability of the highest standard.
- High power Bass module (140dB peak SPL @ 1m) using a composite curve flared horn loaded 1 x 15" 6Ω LF driver
- High efficiency, lightweight design, wideband frequency response 42Hz-190Hz
- Integrated DSP with NX242 Digital TDcontroller ensures reliable, linear operation
- High performance honeycomb composite curve construction, Baltic birch cabinet
- Available in dark grey carpet covering or textured black paint
- Integrated flying system hardware for Crossbow flying system or standard aircraft fittings
- Ergonomically designed for flying or ground stacking, easy touring handling and truck packs.
- Components 1 x 15” (38cm) 6Ω driver. Folded horn, composite curve.
- Height x Width x Depth 600 x 689 x 754mm (23 5/8”x 27 1/8”x 29 11/16”)
- Shape 22.5° trapezoid
- Weight Net: 51kg (112lbs) With wheel board: 58kg (128lbs)
- Connectors 2 x 4-pole SPEAKON (In & Loop Thru) Wiring: 1+ & 1- (VLF), 2+ & 2- (LF)
- Construction Honeycomb composite curve. Baltic Birch Ply finished with dark grey carpet.
- Textured, polyurethane black paint coating also available.
- Fittings: Handles 2 Metal Bar Handles
- Front finish Acoustic foam on perforated steel grille (77% transparent)
- Flying Points Crossbow Flying System cabinet hardware; 4 Flying Tracks on front (7 positions in 2.5° steps), top to bottom steel back plate, 4 Flying Tracks on back (Hinge Fixing), Internal top to bottom & left to right steel links.
- Fixed Installation Crossbow flying tracks can also receive standard aircraft fittings.
System Specifications (Alpha B1-15 with NX242 Digital TDcontroller)
- Frequency Response [a] Wideband: 42Hz – 190Hz ±3dB Xover: 80Hz – 190Hz ±3dB
- Usable Range @-6dB [a] 39Hz – 600Hz
- Sensitivity 1W @ 1m [b] 106dB SPL Nominal
- Nominal Peak SPL @ 1m [b] 140dB Peak
- Nominal Impedance 6Ω (5.2 min)
- Recommended Amplifiers 900 to 1200Watts into 6Ω
- Electronic Controller The Alpha B1-15 must be used with a NEXO NX242 Digital TDcontroller.
- Use without a properly connected Controller will result in poor sound quality and may damage the components.
- Sub-Bass The Alpha B1-15 Bass can be used with or without the optional S2 Sub-Bass.
- Active four-way operation with the S2 is included in the NX242.