Nexo Alpha M3 Hi High Output, High-Q Mid/Hi Module, The Alpha M3 is an advanced high power, high-Q Mid/HI module that has the same form factor as the medium-Q M8, allowing user selectable dispersion characteristics appropriate to the application. The M3 uses two exponential horn loaded 10” MF drivers and a constant directivity horn loaded 3” HF driver giving 35° x 35° dispersion. Operated as a 2-way active system for ultimate performance and control, the Alpha M3 has a usable frequency response of 190Hz-19kHz. Stacked or flown in arrays together with an Alpha B1 Bass, the Alpha M3 delivers outstanding performance as part of a precision, compact, large scale system.
The Alpha System is a range of advanced technology modular, compact, high power loudspeaker modules tailored for a wide range of touring and installed sound reinforcement applications, from clubs and theatres to large scale live events.
Like all NEXO products, Alpha System components are designed to work with advanced electronic processors, guaranteeing consistent performance and reliability of the highest standard.
- High power Mid/Hi module (145dB peak SPL@1m) using advanced co-axial waveguides with multipath phase devices
- Horn loaded 2x 10" MF and 1x 3" HF components on medium-Q waveguide provide 35° x 35° dispersion for medium throw applications, frequency response 190Hz-19kHz
- User configurable, rotatable horn
- 2-way active: integrated DSP with NX242 Digital TDcontroller ensures reliable, linear operation
- Baltic birch cabinet and high performance honeycomb composite construction
- Available in dark grey carpet covering or textured black paint
- Integrated flying system hardware for Crossbow flying system or standard aircraft fittings
- Ergonomically designed for flying or ground stacking, easy touring handling and truck packs
- MF: 2x 10” (25 cm) 8Ω 3” voice coil driver + Dual Ring Phase Plug, Composite Horns
- HF: 1x 3” titanium diaphragm ceramic driver + Coaxial Mount Waveguide
- Height x Width x Depth 600 x 689 x 754mm (23 5/8” x 27 1/8” x 29 11/16”)
- Shape 22.5° trapezoid
- Weight Net: 57kg(126lbs) With wheel board: 64kg(141lbs)
- 2x NL8MP 8-pole SPEAKON (In & Loop Thru) Wiring: 1+ & 1- (VLF), 2+ & 2- (LF), 3+ & 3- (MF), 4+ & 4- (HF)
- 1x NL4MP 4-pole SPEAKON (to B1 &S2) Wiring: 1+ & 1- (VLF), 2+ & 2- (LF)
- Construction The self supporting MF/HF module is built from high performance honeycomb composites. Baltic Birch Ply finished with dark grey carpet. Textured, polyurethane black paint coating also available.
- Fittings: Handles 2 Metal Bar Handles
- Front finish Acoustic foam on perforated steel grille (77% transparent)
- Flying Points & Crossbow Flying System cabinet hardware; 4 Flying Tracks on front (7 positions in
- Fixed Installation 2.5° steps), top to bottom steel back plate, 4 Flying Tracks on back (Hinge Fixing),
- Internal top to bottom & left to right steel links. Crossbow flying tracks can also receive standard aircraft fittings.
System Specifications Alpha M3 with NX242 Digital TDcontroller
- Frequency Response [a] 190Hz – 19kHz ±3dB
- Usable Range @-6dB [b] 150Hz – 20kHz
- Sensitivity 1W @ 1m [b] 110dB SPL Nominal
- Nominal Peak SPL @ 1m [b] 145dB Peak
- Dispersion [c] 35° x 35°
- Directivity Q & DI [c] Q: 32 Nominal DI: 15 dB Nominal (f > 630Hz)
- Nominal Impedance MF: 12Ω (15.5 min) HF: 12Ω (8.0 min)
- Recommended Amplifiers MF: 650 to 900 Watts into 12Ω HF: 350 to 500 Watts into 12Ω
- Electronic Controller The Alpha M3 Mid/Hi must be used with a NEXO NX242 Digital TDcontroller.
- Use without a properly connected Controller will result in poor sound quality and may damage the components.
- Sub-Bass The Alpha M3 Mid/Hi and B1 Bass can be used with or without the optional S2
- Sub-Bass. Active four-way operation with the S2 is provided with NX242 parameters.