DBX 1074 Quad Noise Gate, The latest addition to the 10 Series product line, the dbx 1074 QuadGate , is the perfect companion to the 1066 and 1046. The 1074 offers 4 channels of gating with threshold, depth and release controls on each channel. The 1074, like the rest of the products in dbx 10 Series, is based on the legendary dbx V2 VCA and offers XLR inputs and outputs, and 1/4” side-chain input. In addition to an external key input per channel, the 1074 also has an internal filter that can be independently activated and controlled on a channel-per-channel basis.
This filter allows the 1074 to not only clean up tracks, but gives you frequency selective control on each gate, to open exactly when you want it to. These features combined, make the 1074 an absolute must for those who require quad gating on applications including: Gating dry and percussive sounds such as snare drum and kick drum,gating sounds that have longer decay times such as cymbals and Pianos, gating hum or buzz from live instruments or recorded tracks or eliminating Headphone leakage into microphones. Gating instrument microphones to eliminate amplifier bleed.
From the company that has been redefining the standard of signal processing for more than 30 years, dbx Professional Products comes a bulletproof product that caters to the scrutinizing needs of those who require the precision noise gating capabilities. Once again, the engineering staff at dbx Professional Products have taken technology that has been over three decades in the making and have created a product that is flexible, versatile and rock solid in construction design. The 1074’s independent channel design with key filtering capabilities make it the perfect tool for countless applications.
- Four independent channels of gating
- Independent key filtering
- Independent Threshold and Release controls
- Differentially balanced gold-plated XLR and 1/4 inputs and outputs
- True RMS level detection
- Stereo Coupling mode
- Switchable +4dBu or -10dBv operation per channel
- Connectors: XLR (Pin 2 and tip hot)
- Type: Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Impedance: Balanced > 50 kOhm, unbalanced >25 kOhm
- Maximum Input Level: > +22 dBu balanced or unbalanced
- CMRR: 40dB: Typically >55 dB at 1 kHz
- Key Input: Electronically balanced/unbalanced, RF fitered Balanced 50kOhm, unbalanced > 25 kOhm
- Connectors: XLR (Pin 2 hot)
- Type: Servo-balanced/unbalanced, RF filtered
- Impedance: Balanced 60 Ohm, unbalanced 30 Ohm
- Max Output Level: > +22 dBm balanced, > +20 dBm unbalanced
- Bandwidth: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +0/-0.5 dB
- Frequency Response: 0.35 Hz to 200 kHz, +0/-3 dB
- Noise: < -96 dBu, unweighted, 22 kHz measurement bandwidth
- Dynamic range: > 115 dB, unweighted
- THD + Noise: 0.008% typical at +4 dBu, 1 kHz, unity gain, 0.08% typical at +20 dBu, 1 kHz, unity gain, < 0.1% any amount of compression up to 40 dB, 1 kHz
- Interchannel Crosstalk: < -80dB, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Stereo Coupling: True RMS Power Summing
- Operating Voltage: 100-120 VAC 50-60 Hz or 200-240 VAC 50/60 Hz
- Power Consumption: 30 Watts
- Fuse: 100-120 VAC: 300 mA Slow Blow, 200-240 VAC 160 mA Type T
- Mains Connection: IEC receptacle
- Dimensions: 1.75"Hx19"Wx9"D (4.4cmx48.3cmx20.1cm)
- Weight: 6.9 lbs.
- Shipping Weight: 9.3 lbs.