Cloud VTX 4240 960W Four Channel Power Amplifier, The Cloud VTX 4240 is intended for commercial and industrial public address and sound reinforcement applications where unquestionable long-term reliability is the primary consideration.
The Cloud VTX-4240 is designed to deliver it's full rated power into loads down to 4 ohms for long periods of time. The circuit design includes clip limiting and switch-on delay, together with DC, thermal, short-circuit and reactive load protections. All models are built in a very solid steel 2U chassis, and employ variable–speed forced-air cooling.
The Cloud VTX4240 features pairs of channels which may be operated in Bridge Mode; rear panel switches are provided to enable this. Bridge Mode operation allows power outputs of double the normal rating to be delivered to a load of 8 ohms (minimum).
In addition to the power switch, the front panel is fitted with a set of four LEDs for each channel, confirming power status, signal presence, peak level and activation of amplifier protection circuitry. Rear panel controls are provided for individual channel gain trims, input routing (to configure the amplifiers for mono, dual stereo or four channel operation), Ch1/2 and Ch3/4 bridge mode, and per-channel high pass filters. The inputs are electronically balanced.
Standard options are the Cloud RL-1 remote volume control plates and Bose® EQ cards, either or both of which may be fitted to any or all channels. A further option is the VTX-WM1 web monitor card, which permits continuous external surveillance monitoring of the amplifier’s performance on any computer via a standard Ethernet connection. See VTX-WM1 datasheet for full details.
- High power multichannel amplifiers for “install-and-forget” applications
- 4 x 240 W into 4 ohms
- Extensive protection against short-circuit and reactive loads, clipping, DC and overheating
- Chs1 & 2 and/or 3 & 4 may be operated in Bridge Mode
- Per-channel, front-panel LEDs for power status, signal presence, peak level and protection
- Balanced line level inputs with gain trim
- Configurable for 4 channel, dual stereo or mono use
- Per-channel switched hi-pass filter (18 dB/oct below 65 Hz)
- Optional VTX-WM1 card allows amplifier monitoring from any standard web browser
- Optional remote volume control (per-channel)
- Optional Bose® EQ cards (per-channel)
- 2U 19” rackmounting unit
- Forced-air cooling
- Five year warranty
- Output Power: Normal Mode, continuous sinewave, into 4 Ω.
- Power per channel, all channels driven: VTX4240: 240 W
- Bridge Mode into 8 Ω: VTX4240: 480 W
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +0/-1 dB; (HPF bypassed)
- High Pass Filter: Switchable, -3 dB @ 65 Hz, slope 18 dB/octave
- Distortion: THD + N <0.03% @ 1 kHz, 1 W output, 4 Ω load
- <100 dB below full output power, 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- <103 dB with ‘A’ weighting
- Crosstalk: -90 dB @ 1 kHz, -70 dB @ 10 kHz
- Max. VCA attenuation: >90 dB
- Type & connectors: Electronically balanced; 3-pin, 3.5 mm-pitch plug-in screw terminal connectors (4).
- Max. sensitivity: 0.775 Vrms (0 dBu)
- Input Impedance: 10 kΩ, balanced
- Output Connectors: 2-pin 5 mm-pitch plug-in screw terminal connectors (4)
- Power input: 230 V ±10% (European version); 110 V ±10% (US version)
- Mains protection: By resettable rear-panel circuit breaker
- Amplifier Protection: Clip Limiting, VI Limiting, DC Offset, Thermal & switch-on delay
- Status Indicators: LED Indicators on each channel for Power, Signal Presence, Peak Level & Protection
- Cooling: Force cooled; two mid-mounted variable speed DC fans
- Dimensions: (W x H x D) 482.6 mm x 88 mm (2U) x 416 mm (without connectors) or 451 mm (with connectors)
- Weight: VTX4240 - 16.5 kg (net); 18.5 kg (gross)